Sunday, April 17, 2011

China GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso 7th:
"I made a bad start. Felipe managed to pass me and Force India was close to do the same. Then it was a beautiful passage of arms in the opening round . After the first pit stop I lost too much time behind Michael [Schumacher], so I lost contact with the lead group. I found myself fighting with him again at the end of the race, but the places were reversed. Once again, it was a good battle, but I would rather fight for a podium finish rather than the seventh.
Unfortunately, our race pace was too slow and I do not think a different strategy would have changed anything. I've seen better Sundays in my career but I am not discouraged or I do not lose confidence. We know that we need to improve to reach the front:
McLaren and Mercedes are received and there is no reason to think that we can not do the same. Clearly, aerodynamics is our Achilles heel right now and that is the point we need the most work. Eight days ago in Malaysia, we have seen encouraging signs, but this was not the case here: the car has not changed while others have progressed."
Felipe Massa 6th:
"It's a real disappointment not to have finished this race to a better place. It really seems that the qualifications for the race, we find another car yesterday, we were not competitive then today we were fighting with the leaders at the end. Unfortunately, with the hard tires, we could not defend our position until the end. The strategy? Now it's easy to say that we were not good, but we are a team and we make our decisions together. Vettel made the same choices as us and we had a reasonably similar pace.
Probably we would have finished on the podium but we must look at all the details with the engineers. I am happy with my race. I think it was my best Grand Prix of the year and maybe even the best taking into account those of last year. We must find ways to improve the car, especially in qualifying."

No comments:

Post a Comment