Thursday, May 26, 2011
The paddock podium of the Barcelona GP
* Sebastian Vettel: the German driver , who was not in pole , earned his fourth victory this season thus strengthening its position in the championship! Yet it was not easy because he had to first battle with Fernando Alonso and withstand the onslaught of Lewis Hamilton but Seb escaped.
* Mclaren: British team has brought no fewer than a dozen new on this GP and the least we can say is that it worked because its two pilots were on the podium! Lewis even being alone in having been able to deceive Vettel! about Jenson, with a very good strategy and a set of new tires extra good care wisely, could surpass Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso to walk up on the third step of the podium.
* Fernando Alonso: the Spanish gave everything to his audience and has successfully led the first 20 laps of the GP after a great start, the best to date for Alonso. Then when placing the hard tires, the Ferrari driver lost seats, the fault to a severe lack of downforce on its 150° Italia. In Monaco let's hope that Fernando will shine for this legendary race!
The 3 out:
* Mark Webber : after snatching pole position, we thought Mark was finally able to beat his teammate! Well no! Mark has once again made a bad start and has finished fourth after that long remained stuck behind Alonso and Ferrari with a strategy that was not the best. Too bad when you know he won the 2010 Spanish GP!
* Felipe Massa: It was a black weekend for the Brazilian driver! after qualifying in the semi shade (since he has finished as the eighth) and despite a fairly good start Felipe eventually abandoned at the end of the race because of a problem on his gearbox.
* Mercedes: after a return to form in Turkey we thought that the team was finally confirmed in Barcelona but it was not the case, owing mostly to an improved car less than his opponents. In Monaco Will they climb in the ratings?