Sunday, May 8, 2011

Turkish GP : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes

* Fernando Alonso :
"Fifth place is not the kind of results that can satisfy you, but today I am happy because I felt the car was more competitive, which was when the first three qualifying sessions this season. Get in Q3 without using the soft tires is important. We made a small step forward in performance: it is not enough and we need to make a bigger quickly, but cest certainly a boost in confidence for all the team, working in the right direction. I would say that we see the end of the tunnel.
Fifth place also means that I avoid the dirty side of the runway, which is usually a major handicap here. It's hard to say what the best strategy for tomorrow because we do not know how the tires will behave : we will be ready for any eventuality and be very flexible.
* Felipe Massa :
"It was not an easy qualifying session for me: I am not able to have a clean lap in Q3 after committing a major error in Turn 9, when I got out of the path. We have therefore decided to return to the pits to save this set of tires for departure. In Q1, with the hard tires, I have not done a very good lap and then to take no risk, we decided to use soft . So I had only one set of tires for the final part of qualifying. Now we'll see what we can do during the race tomorrow: Usually, our pace is better than in qualifying, but this will not be easy to properly included, since I jumped from tenth place.
We'll see what the tire degradation, perhaps it will be somewhat larger than what we saw in China.
It's a shame, because I could be on the third line, alongside my teammate. This morning in free practice, engineers have seen an uncertain parameter in the engine and it was therefore decided to change it at the end of the session. I came back to the engine that I had used in Malaysia and China, it will always be three races scheduled."

No comments:

Post a Comment