Sunday, September 4, 2011

Belgium GP : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes

* Fernando Alonso(8th) :
"The eighth is not a good result but we must accept it and try to remedy this with a good race tomorrow. I am confident because I know the potential of the car is much better than what we saw today. We were able to manage the Q1 and Q2 but the red flag in Q2 we put a little pressure because we were close to being eliminated. If the conditions were at the level of expectations I I would not think the pole position, but I managed to place me on the first two lines. Malheureusmeent nothing has been as expected, I did not turn me clean and Perez blocked then it was Webber's turn. I have some regrets because I could achieve a better result, no one knows exactly what will be the performance of each tomorrow, we have seen huge differences and it is played on very little . In addition, we have no idea how capable of running the race tomorrow and we will do everything to be on the podium. "
* Felipe Massa(4th) :
"At the beginning of the qualifications, if you had told me that I would be fourth, I would have signed. My result is not so bad, even if the cars in front of me had a much faster rate than ours. But it is true that in Q3 we had the worst possible conditions for us and we could not be better because we have a problem, compared to others, to raise our tires in temperature. I think that tomorrow, if the track is dry, we will be more competitive and I hope to fight with the drivers ahead of me. It is difficult to predict because we do not have much data on the degradation of tires, but I think there will be two or 3 stops. I'm still on the dirty side of the track? We'll see, but it's certainly not as detrimental to Budapest and I think I can make a good start. "

No comments:

Post a Comment