Friday, October 7, 2011

Singapore GP : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes

Fernando Alonso(5th) :
"I am very happy with this result because I think my best lap in Q3 was performed at 120% of our potential risks with the time but was the only way to achieve a time and hope to fight for the top spots . If I had done a turn normal I think I finished in the same position but with an extra half-second delay, rather than one tenth of McLaren. It would have been better to be ahead of them but we do can not say that we are unlucky. I am convinced that the podium is within reach, usually because we are stronger in the race than qualifications and there is no reason why it is not the case here! We will try to win seats at the start, even if there is not much space between the start and the first corner. We will also try to make the most of our strategy and to manage the tire degradation with respect to our opponents. It will be a very difficult race, the cars will suffer and usually the safety car on track! We will see what will happen but I am confident in our chances of achieving a podium ".
Felipe Massa(6th) :
"Sixth is certainly not the desired result, but we must accept it and think the race will not be easy because the tire degradation is important, both in the tender on the super soft and therefore we must be able to adapt as best as possible. I think we need more than ever have a good strategy to be the key to achieving a good race. We are certainly more competitive here at Monza, but it was not easy to do a perfect lap, even if the car has improved a lot compared to the free practice. I have a lot of oversteer, especially when the rear tires are too hot. The incident with Hamilton does not please me, I do not understand why he wanted to go at any price ... We were both in our turn out and he had nothing to gain by doing so. "

No comments:

Post a Comment