Sunday, March 18, 2012

Australia Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes


Fernando Alonso: 
"we knew that would a very complicated race and I am happy to have managed to bring a number of important points to the team." I had a great start and I managed to make a few exceedances and then after the safety car, I had a struggle complicated with Maldonado. When I saw that he had to give up I pushed one ouf of relief because it was really close to me since several towers, I was slower than him and I could defend my position using the KERS at specific times. I am sorry for him because it is a shame to finish a race in this way. On the positive points today, there is the departure, both booths and the strategy adopted. The car was better that yesterday and we were closer to the leaders. However, we have much work to do to return to those who are lead in terms of performance. Step only McLaren and Red Bull, but also Mercedes and Lotus. We are certainly in a second of the pole and there are seven or eight teams very close to each other. In a sense, this is good news because if we improve a few tenths, we gain several places. Next week in Malaysia will be a test of fire, Sepang is a very demanding for the cars and tires."


Felipe Massa: 
"this really was a bad weekend for me.
Already yesterday, I have suffered because the car had a bad balance and today, it was probably worse, after a few rounds I had debating me with my tires while I had a good start and I hope to finish in the points. We have tried to anticipate the first case but with the second train of soft tires, we had the same problem. The car slid and degradation was far larger than the other. I did have an aggressive steering to just save my tires, but I nothing could do, even with the hard the situation has not changed. We must work to understand why we have not succeeded in finding the right balance with the car as we have had in Barcelona for example. On my contact with Senna, I think that can be considered a race incident. A Toro Rosso has tried to put me outside the turn 3 and Bruno (Senna) had better traction indoors, we then were side by side in the turn 4 and we touched."

No comments:

Post a Comment