Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Barcelona Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes


* Fernando Alonso: 
"this second place is like a victory especially after the previous race where we finished with a minute of delay on the winner and now we are in front of the two Red Bull and we were fighting for the victory until the end. In addition, we mark more points than the Red Bull and McLaren drivers which makes the outcome of the weekend even more positive. At the end of the second relay was the time key to the race and Maldonado pitted earlier than us , we decided to stay on track, we lost time behind a laggard and subsequently there was a yellow flag which has not helped. Suddenly, I lost grip on the rear gear and I asked the team if something was broken because the behavior of the car had changed without apparent reason. in the race, the Williams was still very fast and in the end we had the chance to finish second while Raikkonen was faster than me. This Championship is very long and difficult, the interpretation is sensitive and we had different winners in each race, teams are fast. We haven't done the best job in the design of the car and there is still much to do but we can be proud of the course of development and our potential, this result is probably above the limits of the car after two major difficult Gp and be back on the podium gives us confidence for the rest of the Championship. We must continue to make changes for the remainder of the Championship because performance is close between the cars and the slightest thing can make the difference."


* Felipe Massa: 
"my race has been affected by a penalty at round 28 and honestly I would not have done something wrong but I think that it is better to look this in detail to understand what happened. Indeed, I was in a group of drivers and I do not try to catch up with others and it is really a shame because the race was going on for me and the top ten was within my reach. I was in the Red Bull and the McLaren Group but I couldn't keep up their pace. I have had a first positive lap and I managed to make many suitable loops. I am pleased that Alonso was able to fight for victory until the end of race, this demonstrates the potential of our car which is much improved. We still do not have the fastest car, but it seems that we are going in the right direction, I would like to congratulate Pastor Maldonado, he is a friend who loves F1 and the first win is superb, I understand how he can feel at the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment