Sunday, July 8, 2012

Silverstone Gp : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes


* Fernando Alonso: "I want to dedicate this pole position to María de Villota primarily because it is a particularly difficult moment. We all feel a bit of sadness in these days and we are close to her and her family. This pole was a surprise because in these conditions you never know what can happen. This morning on the dry track the car was very good but this could be different on wet, even if the F2012 does never proved wrong, as in Malaysia and the Mugello. This afternoon we had to be in the right place at the right time with the good tires and to succeed, need some luck. For once we have had, as in Q2 where I managed to spend in Q3 narrowly after the break. In the final round I had a car before and the visibility was really limited then there was yellow flags in the last turns but in the end I still could qualify me. The pole today  is very important, even though we know that it arrived in special conditions. We have to get on the sec order to say that we have make up the gap on the top. Tomorrow  I hope a boring race for a time that I leave before everyone."

  
* Felipe Massa: 
"it is an achievement for the team knowing that when the red flag came , Fernando and I weren't some access in Q3. We have a good job in the resumption of the meeting for the latest rounds of Q2. In Q3 I fight for the pole position but I lost time on the last lap, I blocked the rear wheels, the fifth position is a place that satisfies me. I think I will be competitive tomorrow  because the car is appropriate for that track. Since the Canada, the F2012 has progressed well and the results are the reward. I think the cut in Q2 was positive, perhaps even that it helped us because there was a lot of water in track and the water was present and that even in a straight line. Then, the FIA has done an excellent job to set conditions for resumption to give the spectators a show in line with their passion. "For us, the break was long, but for all those who were in the stands that would be worse due to the rain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment