Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Italy Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

*Fernando Alonso: "it was a Sunday for the Championship, almost like a film that has a happy ending and a new podium. Three of my closest rivals are not in the point and I increased my advance on the second. I remain convinced that without the problem of qualifications yesterday we could certainly have gone from the pole position and if we can repeat this kind of performance in the next races then I think that we can win a race and that it will be even easier to manage the championship . Here we had to watch Vettel, to Singapore it will be Hamilton who is now second. My battle with Vettel was difficult and it was not pleasant to go on gravel, the car bounced but then I was able to go beyond. I can't comment on the punishment he received but what he did was really limit. The first rounds were the key to my race, I spent a few laps behind Kimi, DI Resta and Michael and I soon found myself sixth and so I had a good race. Drive for Ferrari at Monza and make a podium is really something special, because driving a red car is special, the fans are exceptional. I am very sure that if asked to some of them to not eat for several days to drive a car from Maranello, they would, and that's what that passion for Ferrari is unique in the world." 

* Felipe Massa: "I am satisfied with this result even though I had hoped to finish on the podium but we faced higher than expected the tires degradation and the behavior of the latter was quite different in the free testing of Friday. It's a shame, because when the tires were good I could keep the pace of the McLaren, but then I started to lose the grip at the rear. This was not an easy race towards the end, Perez overtook me , he was quick and I could do nothing to prevent him from moving. I worked for the team while trying to help Alonso as i should. I always have and I would do it whenever needed. Always on the strategy, I think that both cases would not work by looking at the data that would have been difficult. The team had no telemetry and therefore we spoke during a lot of time on the radio and we were able to manage the situation in the best of ways. I don't know if it changes something on my future, but the most important is to continue thus, working with great concentration and trying to do my best for the team." 

No comments:

Post a Comment