Monday, October 29, 2012

India Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes



*Fernando Alonso: "we could beat the Red Bull, but for the moment we do not have a car capable of winning because even if our car is much better in the race we have too much delay in qualifying. I had a good start, a very good first round and a good top speed, tire management was perfect and I drove to 120% in every lap is what allows me to finish second. We did what we could as we do in every race, one thing is certain, if we earn the Championship , nobody will not say we have win it only with luck or on errors of others but only because we have always done the maximum. We will have developments in Abu Dhabi, hope that we can take a step forward because it will be important to reduce the gap, remains 75 points to score, which is a lot, so I'm optimistic even though we are all aware that we must improve our performance especially on Saturday. I do not know if it is my best performance of the season, because it is always difficult to know, I am very pleased with this performance just as those of Valencia and Monza, I attacked from the beginning to the end, I took a lot of risks in overtakings compared to previous races. I tried to move the two McLarens at the outset, I was in their wake but they fought amongst themselves which complicated my maneuvers, I managed to pass one of the two, and then I overtook Button a few laps later, but the time lost during these tours allowed Vettel and Webber of the gap. 
In the second relay, I faced Webber, there was a small gap at the beginning but once again we have seen that anything can happen because he had problems of KERS, races are still long and difficult." 


*Felipe Massa: "it was a hard fight, from the beginning to the end. After about 20 laps, I was told from the wall of the stands that I had to try to save fuel so I started to do half of the race without being able to be at bottom and I can assure you that it was certainly not easy because Kimi was always very close to me. It was not the result I wanted, but still, these are important points for the constructors championship. The time lost during free practice 2 cost me a lot , especially because we could not optimize our package. The duel with Kimi after discontinuation? I managed to get out of the pits before but I let him pass the turn 3 because it was still very close and I wanted to have the DRS in a straight line. I think that it is made to account but it was too late and I had the advantage and the possibility of leaving me. Now we go to Abu Dhabi, which is a little like the 2nd race at home to Ferrari because we have the theme park there - down. Hope that we will have even a few new things on the car to get a better result this 6 th place."

No comments:

Post a Comment