Monday, October 8, 2012

Japan Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes


*Fernando Alonso: "today we were unlucky because finish the race after only a turn it is unfortunate. My contact with Raikkonen caused a flat tire on my left rear tyre, these things may happen but it's a shame because our car is generally good in the race. Massa has made a great Gp , he was tenth and did a perfect race, he fought with the fastest cars. But this result breaks the advantage I had, and as I said several times, for this situation to five races, if had asked my agreement at the beginning of the season I would have accepted ! 
We are working on the development of the car and I'm not worried because we must respond to return on the best, we have now a kind of looming mini Championship , with five races so the goal will be to score a maximum of points, more than the others. What happened to me today can happen to others, the wheel turns and all races are different." 


*Felipe Massa: "it was a fantastic race ! Being back on the podium after two years is just great and I really feel on top. It was two difficult years for me, and sometimes, millions of things going on in your mind, some are bad, but in the end, I am pleased! This is an important outcome psychologically and also with regard to my future, at least I think so. It's even better back up on the podium here, on a track that I like and where I knew the beginning of my career. Sometimes in hard moments occur the best things: the first people I want to thank are my family, my wife and my son. This race motivates me even more for the rest of the season.
 I'm very sorry for Fernando because I am convinced that today he might also have been on the podium. After what happened yesterday in Q2, I wasn't really in a good position. I made a good start, I managed to pass through the chaos of the 1st lap and I immediately felt that I had a good pace to keep contact with Button and Kobayashi. I overtook them during the pitstops with an excellent strategy and immediately, I realized that even with the hard tyres my pace was competitive. The team has done a great job and gave me a competitive car. 
Now we need to immediately focus on the race in Korea because with five races, everything is possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment