Monday, November 5, 2012

Abu Dhabi Gp : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes


*Fernando Alonso: "in the three sessions we understood that we could not expect better than just the third row, we thought we would be between fifth and eighth, that's what has happened. I did three times the same time between Q1 and Q3, which means that we could not do better. Nevertheless, I am happy to work as we have used the most out of the car. Innovations brought a performance gain but is not enough, because others did not remain behind the armchair watching television. Usually the Saturday is the day where we suffer the most and Sunday everything gets better, so hopefully this will be the case even if it is true that the degradation of the tire is low. We know we must score 14 points more than Vettel in the three races, this is the goal." 

 

*Felipe Massa: "it's really a difficult and complicated weekend at least until tonight. We hoped to start a little bit better, being on the three first rows of the grid. In Q3, I chose to make a different program than Alonso because I had only a single set of options and in hindsight I have to say that this was not the best choice but it's always easy to talk about once the events past. I did not have all the latest changes here, the little that I have are positive but others are able to still save time as Alonso has shown. On my last lap, I had oversteer in a turn and it made me lose a few hundredths, maybe I have finished eighth, but this would not change much. Honestly we did the hardest, hope that tomorrow, with a good pace of race, which is traditionally our force we can come back. This circuit seems to highlight some cars such as the McLaren that were not fast in the final three races, here Hamilton clinched pole position."

No comments:

Post a Comment