Tuesday, April 16, 2013

China GP : Alonso and Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso: "this race could not have been better, I have not won since the Germany so it's a special feeling because it was an action-packed hard race.
I won here and in Australia I do second what shows that the car is competitive and that we are working in the right direction to be in the fight for the podium and it is for this that I have to thank the team for the efforts that have been deployed on-site and at the factory.
They have all worked very hard to put me in this position and allow me to fight with others on an equal footing. We had a good feeling throughout the weekend and the 3rd place in qualifying round gave us the possibility to fight for the top places.
We maybe had a bit of luck and in addition to this all important parameters are well place settings, the strategy, the pit stops, this victory was not easy in which we had a good pace and we had well managed the tires, which is without doubt the most important element.
The absence of Vettel on the podium makes the interesting result, even if we are aware that it is only the third race. We must continue and focus to our further improve."

Felipe Massa: "it is difficult to understand what happened today because the start and the start of the race went very well, I was quick and the car was working perfectly.
At the first stop, I put medium tires and after a few laps I suffered from graining on the front, that my fact wasting time on other car and it was probably a problem related to the track conditions and my riding style.
I do not feel comfortable on these tires since the start of the weekend and all my attempts to preserve were unnecessary because without this problem I would have definitely been in the fight for the podium but I am confident because I was able to score major points in a season that is just starting ."

No comments:

Post a Comment