Sunday, May 12, 2013

Barcelona GP : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes



Fernando Alonso: "it is a well-known fact that the afternoon is our weak point and fifth place is more or less what we expected, we were well aware that Red Bull and Mercedes would be very strong, but even if it is true that we must resume points on Vettel, we do not are too afraid of Mercedes which generally has tires degradation more high.
Myself and the team are optimistic for tomorrow because our race pace is good and generally, we are better on Sunday. We start from the clean side of the track and allows us to expect to win places at the start, we need it here. We will also have to defend us from Raikkonen, so far the Lotus seems not too suffer tires.
As usual this season, it will be important to choose the right strategy."



Felipe Massa: "I can not say that I am satisfied with the result, because I was expecting more after the time that I did this morning. Unfortunately, in Q3 I had a slight understeer which cost me time, but all the same, I feel very confident because our car seems competitive. Now, we need to focus on the race , because it will be long and anything can happen.
With regard to the decision of the stewards following what happened with Webber in Q2, it was not my intention to block putting me on his trajectory and in all honesty, I do not remember have disrupted his qualification. When I saw him in the mirror, I thought I had time to take my turn normally before passing. In addition to this, he was in used tires and I do not think that it was a quick lap.
  I am not surprised by the Mercedes pace , they were already strong here in winter testing and their car is always very competitive in qualifying. This result demonstrates once again that Saturday our opponents prefer to adopt a more cautious approach in the morning before revealing their true potential in the afternoon."

No comments:

Post a Comment