Thursday, June 13, 2013

Canada GP : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes



*Fernando Alonso: "we were well aware that this weekend could be difficult because this capricious weather because the track can change one turn to another and this until the end of the session you can never be sure of what will be the grip .
I'm pretty happy to finish sixth in a qualification which had so many unknowns, knowing that on this circuit overtaking is possible. I hope that the race will be without rain, because in the dry watching the long relay of yesterday, we can be more competitive and faster than some cars that are before us.
The objective is to return to our nearest competitors namely Raikkonen and Vettel. For Raikkonen it will be easier to do knowing that he'll start behind me while for Vettel it will be difficult, but anything can happen and maybe we can have a good race with a good strategy."

*Felipe Massa: "I am very unhappy with the manner in which the qualifications have happened for me. The track conditions were not easy, there was very little grip and I was struggling for a good lap . I went out in Q2 because I braked on a blank line to turn 3 and when the back is gone, I couldn't do anything more.
Physically, I'm fine, but within myself, I am very disappointed. Never I had three accidents so quickly, even if it is often the case when you try to give everything on tracks like here and Monte-Carlo, the risks are always higher.
I don't know yet how damaged the car is , but I am very disappointed with what has happened, we need to stay focused because the race of tomorrow will be long and on this track, anything can happen. I had a good pace today and tomorrow I plan to attack."

No comments:

Post a Comment