Friday, September 13, 2013

Italy GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso: "get on the podium at Monza is always a special feeling because it is the only place where it is possible to feel all the love that fans have for the team and that is the greatest reward at the end of a weekend that was almost perfect.If I say almost is that our opponents in the Championship have won and we extend them our congratulations. We were well Friday and Saturday, able to get both cars in the top five but Red Bull did better than us.When Vettel returned to the pit we were still doing improvements to chronos on our sectors and so we decided to extend our relays as far as possible, at least as long as Webber was not becoming a threat.In this way, might try to reassemble on Vettel because our tyres were cooler a few laps but we tried to do our best and we have to be realistic about our chances in this Championship because it will not be easy to bridge the gap of 53 points in a few races. In F1 anything can happen so we believe everything in our chances until the end, to the Brazil GP , trying to always give us 100%."

Felipe Massa: "I am very satisfied with my race, which was fantastic from beginning to end thanks to a good start, I won two positions .My pace was good on both types of tyres and during the entire race. It's a shame to have lost a place in favour of Webber during our pit stops because the podium was within my reach and it would have been great to celebrate this moment with the fans here.The overruns were not easy because when you find yourself behind a car, you lose a lot of support and this is very delicate in the second sector.Overall, this is a very positive weekend for me and the team because we scored big points but we still have much work to do if we want to progress. For my part , I will do my best until the end of this Championship."

No comments:

Post a Comment