Sunday, October 27, 2013

India GP : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes


Fernando Alonso: "we planned prior to qualification what might be the best strategy, it was very difficult to choose between two options. With the use of soft tyres in Q3 we could hope a better starting position, but we opted instead for the midrange for a race without traffic, because if the soft compound confirmed its performance so far, those who chose this option will have to stop very early, around the sixth lap, then will meet behind the cars that will go until the thirtieth lap. It's true that at some point of the race, I'll have to put the soft ones, it means there will be a moment more difficult during which we will have to be prepared. Friday, with these tyres, I did fifteen or sixteen laps, but today, only three. Therefore, it is absolutely impossible to determine now how it will be tomorrow, and only after the checkered flag, we will know what will have been the right strategy.What is good is that our two cars have different strategies, and Felipe and I should be able to help the team achieve second place in the constructors Championship , our priority."

Felipe Massa: "I am very satisfied with this performance even if my lap was not perfect. Indeed, I have unfortunately lost time in the second sector what probably made me lose one or two positions, but the goal is to do my best tomorrow.Unlike my teammate and other cars I made the choice to leave with the soft tyres because at the Nurburgring I made a choice that did not pay and so it will be interesting to see who has chosen the best strategy, we will see after the first relay.Everything will depend on the tyres, medium ones seemed well resist but the evolution of the track can change the soft limit degradation and those who have made other choices may be correct.I'll try to pass Webber initially, enjoying the advantage of the soft tyres, I really hope that my decision is good and this will allow me to have a good race."



No comments:

Post a Comment