Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Austin GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso: "finish in the top five is a very positive result because it was really hard this weekend knowing that I had to start on the dirty side of the track.We knew it would be difficult to maintain our position and I lost one with Perez. In the first part of the race we were not quick enough and we decided to preserve the tires and then attack in the lap back to the pits. We were faster on the hard, we passed Perez later Hulkenberg and although our situation compared to the Mercedes has improved we were not able to beat them. I am proud of this second place in the drivers Championship, it's a small reward for me. My back is fine, I made a good warm-up before the race and this did not bother me, I feel more tired of this tension of the race, but now I have three days to rest and get to Brazil at 100%. We really have to improve because our goal is to finish second in the constructors championship."

Felipe Massa: "it was a really tough weekend and I struggled since Friday, we have not been able to get enough of temperature in the tires to a good pace.Initially, I do earn a place, and then I was stuck in traffic on a track where overtaking is not so easy. We knew that making a second stop was not the best choice but I was already in a difficult position and we decided to risk this strategy to return to medium tires.We could enjoy it if a safety car would come on the track but this was not the case, and the tires behaviour of cars that were in front of me was low, so I was behind them without being able to pass them. I finish in the same position than at the start , it is a shame because we could have done better. We must stay concentrated for this last race in Brazil, my last race with Ferrari at home .This will be a weekend full of emotion and because of this I hope to be more competitive, even though we know that our opponents will be very strong, we will do our best until the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment